Today’s Tip: The Rules During COVID
Wondering how to navigate The Rules when the COVID pandemic is still upon us? Straight from The Rules ladies themselves here are the tips:
“Rules Girl Tip- Here are our Rules for Dating During the Coronavirus up again. Everyone is writing asking for them so posting. Slight updates!
Even though everyone is acting like the world is ending because of the Coronavirus doesn’t mean you should throw The Rules out the window. Dating rules still apply!
1. If a guy you never met or met just once or twice on a dating app asks to Face Time as a substitute for a real date, say “no thanks” or “I’d rather wait” or “maybe another time.” You should be texting or talking for a couple of weeks before any video chatting! How do you know he’s not just bored and doing this with 10 other girls? But if you’re going to do it anyway, nothing last minute and limit the chat to 10 minutes!
2. You can say yes to longer and more frequent video chats if you are in a fairly serious relationship (you’re boyfriend-girlfriend, he’s said I love you or something comparable) and you’ve been on several months of Saturday night dates.
3. Don’t use the virus as an excuse to reach out to your crush with new updates, links and articles. Let him reach out to you. It’s always a better text or phone call when he contacts you!
4. Don’t use the virus as an excuse to reach out to an ex either. It reeks of boredom and loneliness. The virus is not going to make him want you back. But better to contact an ex than a live crush!
5. If you are going to accept a virtual chat, don’t sit on your bed in a sexy outfit and no sexting. Sit at your desk as if you were taking a break from work and end the call in 10 minutes with, “well, I better get back to that online course I’m taking.”
6. If he asks you on a date, you can meet for a walk/coffee, a picnic, outdoor dining or takeout food at a park, as long as it’s in your area and not secluded. Safety comes first! End the date after 1-2 hours. Under no circumstances does he go to your place or you go to his place for the first month, lest you become casual and intimate too soon!
7. Do you find it hard not to answer messages in nanoseconds? Disable the notification on the app so that you don’t know when he writes, and so you’re forced to answer hours later.
8. We know you’re bored out of your mind, but use the Not Your Mother’s Rules Text Back Time chart to respond in hours, not minutes.
9. Don’t drop by his place with books and board games or offer to bring his mother food as an excuse to see him.
10. Don’t worry about being too strict. The second the virus is over, he’ll move on to the girl who didn’t video chat with him or only video chatted with him briefly once or twice!”
Straight from The Rules ladies themselves! Stay safe and healthy!
Rules Girls are safety and health first so get vaccinated if you’re able!